Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 for Tuesday take TWO!! SO much alliteration!



This week's assignment was MAGIC.

Grace's thoughts are as follows: "telephones have always been magical to me because I do not understand how they work. and numbers? entirely magical!"

Ha.. I think the same about a lot of things actually! When I originally came up with the idea of MAGIC, I thought of trying to capture electricity somehow because it boggles my mind how something so primal changed everything and is basically magic to our modern day minds because so little of us understand it and hope that things cooperate on faith. However, I couldn't think of a way to make "electricity" visually appealing. I didn't get it as much thought as I should have.

Instead, I went down the route of light and reflection. My image was taken in Losson Park (of course, that place is magical and very important to me obviously) and it is a reflection of a tree in a silvery puddle. I found it magical how there appears to be a depth of field to the branches and leaves when in fact the reflection takes place on the surface of a nearly flat puddle. I've always been drawn to light and color, and I love the way they interact with things, especially in this image. It looks almost ethereal and seems to mix the aesthetic of old photographic techniques with modern day digital photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment