Thursday, September 24, 2009

High Tea




Went to the Orangery at Kensington Palace for High Tea with a few people from class and we had a great time! It sounds super fancy, but really, it was just like going to a restaurant and ordering food. I expected things to be brought out in crystal and to see Victorian dresses and super stuffy English women with monocles and that was most certainly not the case. The sounds were interesting, though, as it consisted of English chatter and lots of china and dishes and things clinking together.

We ordered tea (I had cinnamon and I needed to put like 6 freaking sugar cubes in it to make it delicious.. damned sweet tooth will be the death of me via diabetes, I swear), sandwiches and desserts. The sandwiches were little triangles with the crust cut off and were fairly tasty and light and the desserts for the most part were delicious. Scones and little cakey and tarty things. Very good stuff, indeed.

London's filled with a lot of parks and Kensington Park is one of the many. The gardens behind the palace were quite beautiful and very English indeed. Also, right outside of the Orangery, there were these really tall bushes that reminded me of the background of Mario Brothers, which is cool. My sister said that everything looks like it's straight out of Alice in Wonderland and yanno what!? It does! No walking cards or rabbits with stopwatches, though, but I'm definitely keeping an eye out..

No comments:

Post a Comment